It didnt take me long to decide what picture(s) that I wanted to post for this topic. As usual, I couldnt decide on just one pic, but they all refer to the same disaster. The BP oil spill.
I love south Florida. It has been a place of refuge and great happiness since I first saw the beaches of Ft Lauderdale in January of this year. I was hooked. The farther South I traveled, the more I fell in love with the south Atlantic, the gorgeous beaches, the beach cities. When I have to list just one place in the US that I am in love with, it has to be south Florida.
So, when BP took it upon themselves to pollute our shores with their oil, my stomach turned. And the more pictures I saw, the more nauseated I became. These pictures make me horribly angry and very sad all at the same time. I believe BP oil owes us millions, if not billions.....
These last 2 pictures literally break my heart... :-(



My heart too is broken. :(
ReplyDeleteI fell in love with Santa Barbara, CA in 1978. I had no idea why every time I walked the beach, I had to clean the oil off my feet. Little tar balls were everywhere.
ReplyDeleteSo sad and it lasts for so very many years!!