Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Favorite Book!!

Lets see, I think this is day #4 of this blogger challenge, who thought I would give up by now?? go on, raise your hands, I know you are out there. LOL


I love to read, I dont know that I would be considered as spending a lot of time reading, I end up spending more time on this computer than I should. I should turn it off and open a book, or turn on my Ipad to read. 


My books of choice are murder mysteries. I have always been intrigued with murder, from the time I was little and heard about the book "In cold blood". I read it, and was hooked. My mother probably would have had a fit if she knew I had read that book, but I did. I think I was in about 6th grade and it hooked me and reeled me in..


I love many authors, I love JA Jance, Janet Evanovich, Victoria Laurie, Gregory Isles, get the idea. Murder mysteries intrigue me. So, here I sit, trying to figure out just which one is my favorite book.. And suddenly it hit me!


Years ago, I was hopelessly addicted to Stephen King novels. You all remember them, the books that he wrote BEFORE he was allowed to publish sans editor. The books that made us all wonder what was going on in his sick little brain. LOL


The Stephen King of old, Carrie, Tommyknockers, Cujo, The Shining. I LOVE them all!


But my all time favorite book ever....... THE STAND, by Stephen King. I still love this book, I read it every morning sitting in our local McDonalds restaurant waiting to go to work at Long John Silvers. I looked forward to eating breakfast and reading this book every day. Am I a sicko or what? LOL Thank you Mr King, for taking me on this journey..

1 comment:

  1. The only Stephen King book I read more than twice (because most of his books need to be read at least twice) And I loved the TV movie too. In fact it was just on last weekend and I found myself watching it and remembering how much I loved it.

    ReplyDelete