oh dear, oh dear oh dear. What am I supposed to do with this one? Write and excerpt from a fictional book? List my favorite fictional book (already did that) or just mention a fictional book that I like.....
what to do, what to do.....
I think I will mention a fictional book that I have read lately that I just couldnt put down. I really do love reading, but lately (in the last 3 yrs) I have found myself picking up books, reading part of them and then putting them down, never to be touched again.
I thought I would remedy this with the purchase of an E-reader. Not so. I have a couple of books on my Ipad that I have just read a little bit of, but most of them I have finished because they are light reads. What I want to tell you all about is a book that really grabbed me by the neck and shook me real hard. Something that I really couldnt put down.
Before I tell you which one is on my mind, I have to tell you what kind of books that I like. I LOVE murder mysteries. Really good mysteries that keep you on the edge of your seat. And subsequently, I like authors who do the same. Some of my favorites are James Patterson, Gregory Isles, and Harlan Coben. If anyone out there has suggestions for some other authors that really grip you in their style, please share! I am ready for some new stuff!
Anyway, when I thought about this topic the book that popped into my head was Sail, by James Patterson. It is a story about the Dunne family who find themselves on a sailing trip to hell. I highly recommend it!
I read that one and it is very good. Very suspenseful and not what you expect. I love books that keep me guessing.
ReplyDeleteI used to read constantly. With Facebook and blogging...not so much. I can never recall books or authors. Last one I remember is Eat, Pray, Love. I think.
ReplyDeleteHaven't read that one yet--just finished reading "Private"--actually got the audio version, because I like to listen while I knit. It was good, I thought. I can tell you though--the 'reader' of the books can either kill the whole thing or make it for you, I think. I got the audio version of Eat Pray Love, and didn't like the voice--so I couldn't even finish listening to it!
ReplyDelete