I dont do resolutions. New Years or otherwise. Its just not me. No reason to make great and grandiose resolutions that will eventually just go by the wayside in my opinion.. I learned a long time ago that setting myself up for failure isnt worth the effort.
I have read in several blogs however, that some of my favorite bloggers (you know who you are LOL) have dedicated a word for the new year. That I like.. trying to keep a buzz word in the forefront just might work! So, without further adieu, here are my words (I cant pick just one) for the new year.
1. Obsession- I have decided to give up the obsession that have controlled my life for so many years. The obsession about weight.. I am not going to let weight control my life. I have obsessed on every bite of food that goes into my mouth for so long that I cant stand it. Obsessing about fat grams, calories, points, etc. I surrender! No more counting points, no more weighing, no more looking at the labels to see how many fat grams are in each freaking bite. I am controlling carbs and thats it! If I lose I lose. I will lose, carb control is where its at for me. Buh bye weight watchers!!! I am divorcing you!
2. Thankful- I have so much to be thankful for, I will continue to actively give thanks to God. For my family, for my friends, for my job. He has given me a new lease on my profession, just when I thought I would forever be cynical, hating my job and burned out to the point of huge frustration, I was given a brand new job, with new professional coworkers, who like what they do, with bosses who roll up their sleeves and jump on in and work as NURSES. With a work environment rich in laughter, relaxation and good vibes. THANK YOU GOD!
3. Permission- I am giving myself permission to love me, just as I am. I am not the size 6 down the block, I am just me. As Oprah says "I SURRENDER!" LOL life is too short to worry about what everyone else thinks of the way I look. What is really important is how I feel, and how I live every day. And in the grand scheme of things, I am pretty awesome! I am now permitted to recognize that!
Please, join me in setting forth some buzz words of your own. Realize your own inner beauty, accept yourself for what you are, and live life.. Its too short to let it pass your by.
So, At this time I would like to wish you all a very happy and joyous new year. May the year be wondrous, and filled with joy and great blessings. Welcome 2011!!!
Words are so powerful aren't they? I understand exactly why you chose these from knowing you :)
ReplyDeleteI love it and hope 2011 continues to be a happy and blessed year for you. I just think it will!!!
Love you and thankful for our friendship sweetie!
I love these "resolutions" and think I should adopt them myself. :)
ReplyDelete