Wednesday, January 19, 2011

An art piece????

oh dear, here is my disclaimer. I am not artsy fartsy. I have never aspired to be an artist, I just dont have it in my genes. Maybe because I was never really exposed to art? I dont know, the closest I get to having any artistic people in my family is one of my cousins, who is a Cherokee basket maker, and a very distant cousin who paints native american paintings...


Dana, on the other hand is from a family of incredibly talented artists. He is a great sketch artist, his oldest sister is a painter, and his 2 other sisters are both sculptors. His mom was a poet and a painter too. Lots of amazing talent in the Tweedy family. 


For this topic, I have chosen to post some pictures of my awesome sister in law, Bonnie and her talents. Here is a sample of her wood sculpting and a picture of her working. I hope you enjoy!






4 comments:

  1. Amazing! That is talent! I have no artistic talent either, although I keep trying to create fabric pieces that are at least worth something to me! I am enjoying your posts these past weeks! Fun to have a starting point for a post.....I may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nada. None. Zip.

    These are beautiful. Fret not...you are a nurse and have many other talents!! One is being a good friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are awesome!!!! I have no talent either! lol

    ReplyDelete