Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blogger Challenge.. a wedding

I am completely embarrassed to say that I have no pictures of mine and Dana's wedding downloaded on this computer. We used to use a website to store our photos, but decided it was getting too expensive so we shut it down. I dont think we had wedding pics on their either.


I will just tell you about it. To preface, I had been in a bad bad marriage for 21 years prior to meeting Dana. I had completely decided that I would NEVER get married again. Never say never.. LOL He asked me to reconsider that decision and I did and I have never regretted it.


We were married in a little church in Marion, PA. It was probably 150 years old, very quaint and just perfect. We decided to get married on 01-01-01. Yep, the new millineum. We even thought about having our ceremony at midnight, but decided it wouldnt be good to drag Dana's 85 yr old mom out on new years eve. LOL


Breanna was 13 and she was my attendant, and Danas brother David was his best man. The ceremony was very casual, and attended by most of Dana's brothers and sisters and his mom. I had no family there, except for Breanna, but thats ok... 


We had our "reception" at Bob Evans restaurant and ate Red Velvet cake!! It couldnt have been more perfect! I would do it again.



2 comments:

  1. It sounds like the perfect wedding! :) And I think I may have been to that church in Marion at another wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect to me! I have only been married once and we got married in Vegas. He came from Iceland to CA and we went to some little wedding chapel. Mom flew out and 2 friends came with us. It was actually fun and I really don't miss a big wedding. I wouldn't have had a Dad to walk me down the aisle, so all is good! Well, except for the divorce part LOL

    ReplyDelete