Friday, January 14, 2011

Blogger challenge- something I am OCD about.

I am probably more OCD than I want to admit. Although I did find out just how horribly OCD that I am when we moved to Colorado in 2007. It was almost scary how much I wanted things in "their" places with no room for change!


I have to preface this, I am married to a not so tidy man. I love him to death, but he was raised by a mom who wasnt particularly interested in cleaning or straightening up the house, or throwing things away. So subsequently, she raised 8 very untidy, (I refuse to say slobby) children. It was horrifying to me, (who was raised in a home with WHITE carpet, and reared by a mother who was just as OCD as I am) when I entered my dear, sweet, mother in laws home for the first time and there was literally a path from the kitchen to the living room. I almost hyperventilated..... outside of the path was CLUTTER! lots and lots of clutter, books, magazines, old newspapers, you name it, it was piled there. I could feel the walls of clutter closing in on me from day one. 


So, back to the topic, something I am OCD about (one of many things I guess) is clutter. I detest it, I cant live with it. And if I find it I have to stop what I am doing and get rid of it. This includes clutter on the kitchen table, counters and dirty dishes in the sink. Also includes dirty glasses, or wrappers lying around the house and old newspapers. I got so sick of the old newspaper clutter that I canceled the subscription to the paper!! LOL


Monk has nothing on me. :-D


Tomorrow, a fictional book??? 



5 comments:

  1. Oh. I am SO with you on this. Drives me nuts!!

    With David back home? Totally nuts!! So much stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clutter.. Oh how I hate clutter!!!! It also drives me crazy. I too married a not so clean freak as me, and as much as I love him, that part makes me crazy...LOL..

    God Bless~
    Debbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I grew up in a very tidy home. In fact I am currently freaking out because my parents come tomorrow and I have to make my house "model perfect" as my husband calls it. It can never be clean enough when my mom comes. So when I go to someone else's home that is not clean I can't understand how they live like that. It would drive me insane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's a good thing we're not neighbors, haha. I suppose your checkbook is just as neat :) Luckyyy.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to all of the above. Clutter, things out of place....60 mg of Prozac can't even chill me.

    ReplyDelete