Sunday, January 23, 2011

blogger challenge, A recipe...

This is one of my all time favorite recipes. It comes from my mom, who was an amazing cook and I have never seen it printed like many of the other recipes that we have been enjoying for years. I hope you enjoy it...


"Weekender Casserole"


1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1/2 cup chopped onions,
1 can mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 lb velveeta cheese
1 can chopped black olives
1 cup canned milk
1 bag egg noodles
1 can chow mein noodles


brown and drain hamburger and chopped onions. Add mushrooms, soup, milk, olives and cheese, cook over low heat until cheese melts. Add egg noodles and place in a buttered casserole pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Top with chow mein noodles and bake another 15 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't cook, but I can read your post better now!

    I'm late on reading :( Please forgive me, dear :)

    ReplyDelete