Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thursday November 25, Happy Thanksgiving in Jamaica!



Welcome to Jamaica Mon!! It was an overcast day in Jamaica, and so it drizzled and maybe even poured once in a while. 


We docked at the port, and found our excursion waiting point. Breanna and Dana were going to climb the "Dunn River Falls". It is a natural water fall area, approximately a 900 foot climb over a watery rocky path. I was not interested in climbing so I waited down at the bottom and watched the people.


After the climb and a ride down on the water, we proceeded on to "Dolphin Cove", an attraction located on one of the rocky beaches of Jamaica. Dolphins, Sting Rays and sharks live at Dolphin cove and some of them perform in shows.


We also saw some macaws.. 



And a stormy sea breaking on the rocks of the beach....



The marketplaces were very colorful, but the people selling the goods were so pushy that everyone basically tried to just run away. LOL I thought the island was pretty dirty for the most part. Not at all like I had imagined. Not my favorite place to vacation.


They did have some beautiful hand made wooden things though. 
Tomorrow, our last day at sea. where did the time go???


2 comments:

  1. you actually mean when the little turd sees the tree an tries to climb it or tear it down or something like that right lol...
    love vicariously travleing with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stormy sea photo! Perfect composition! In my imagination these are gorgeous tropical places...I'm glad to finally see them from your eyes :)

    ReplyDelete