Nirvana = Versailles!
Earlier today, I seriously thought we had made a HUGE mistake. I realized our timing was all wrong yesterday but I didn't know how wrong. Those of you who know me know that I really don't hate children, I just choose not to travel with them. I don't like vacationing with them, I don't want to listen to their whining, crying, arguing, and listen to their parents screaming, arguing and screaming some more.
Maybe it is because I spent 21 years in a horrible verbally abusive marriage where there was lots of screaming and crying and arguing. I am not sure, whatever the reason, I don't want to be around it. I paid my dues, taking " family/ child saturated" vacations and I choose not to anymore.
But I digress, let me set the scene for you, Dana and I went to the Lido deck to sit by the pool and read this morning. It was then that I realized we had entered hell. The entire area was infested with children. Not parents AND children, just children. Everywhere you looked it was a virtual sea of children. The pool was wall to wall both hot tubs were chocked full and all of the lounging areas were Full of kids! Screaming, arguing, burping, peeing children !
There was no escaping, the more we sat there, the more they came. They came in groups of 4 or 5. Still no parents in sight, its like they ate their parents or something straight out of a killer children zombie movie. It was hideous.
We got up and left, and i threw my thoughts of ever sitting in the hot tub on this trip right out the window. No way were we going to wade through a sea of kids to try to get some pool or hot tub time.
So we went to lunch, and then we saw a sign that said " Versailles bar and pool", so we went to check it out. It was like heaven on earth! An ADULT ONLY pool, 2 hot tubs and a bar and pizzeria! With a full time security guard to keep out the little curtain climbers and the people with curtain climbers who think the rules don't apply to them! We swam, we hot tubbed, we found lounge chairs that were available! It was nirvana!!!!!, I told Dana to just serve me my meals there LOL The above pictures are all of the Versailles pool and hot tub. Notice that there are NO children? Yes!
Speaking of meals, my diet flew out the window. Oh well I tried. I I'll start induction again when i get home...
tomorrow we will be at Cozumel all day, adios until manana!!!!
I'm with you on the kids, especially at this age. Nirvana describes it perfectly....aahhhhhhhhh.
ReplyDeleteGlad you found your Nirvana! That would be really a bummer....to go on your vacation and then be stuck with everyone's kids! I don't understand why parents don't think they need to keep their kids under control! Besides ruining everyone's vacation, just think of the evil people out there who will take advantage of those kids who are unchaperoned! Glad you found the adult section!
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhhhhhh Nirvana! You so richly deserve it. I have a no tolerance to all things that hack off Ness policy that I have recently instituted and it feels like freedom divine! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteMarge, I was actually concerned about that too. There were over 5000 people on that ship and unchaperoned children are just too vulnerable.
ReplyDelete