Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just a few things...

I hope you enjoyed our cruise  notes and pictures. I hope it wasnt boring for anyone.


Since we got home, I have started my new job- which I LOVE! And I finished my old job, which I didnt love. It was difficult, but the Tuesday after we got home late sunday night, I drug myself out of bed and went in to my old job for my last day at work.


I had every intention of going in, and finishing the project that I had started before I left on vacation. I am, after all, a professional, and even though I wasnt crazy about going back into that poisoned environment, I did it.


After I got there, I realized that SOMEONE, with great maturity and integrity, hid the keys to the file cabinet where all of my work was stored. Yes, these are supposed to be adults who work there. I am sure the order to hide the keys was handed down by our very supportive CNO, who is literally running the hospital. What a bunch of winners..... NOT!


I ran a few reports, and then, when everyone played dumb about where the keys were to the cabinet, I clocked out, gave our department manager my name badge and walked out.


Of course none of my coworkers even mentioned the fact that it was my last day. Talk about grateful. These are the people I have been working with for almost 4 years. I have trained, mentored, precepted and busted my ass to make sure that things were done right.  I have trained new nurses, I have trained student nurses, I have bent over backwards to try to help bring that department into the 21st century. And not a single person told me good luck, or goodbye. 


what a waste of 4 years......I should have smartened up sooner.

3 comments:

  1. good luck on your new job...really, some people are just not worth your time and it sounds like you made a good decision to leave.
    I enjoyed the cruise with you..ha. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now you have a job you love! Forget those losers. They are not worth your time! Glad you had the cruise to help you forget them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pathetic. I know this has to hurt but to hell with them. You know you did a good job. I'm excited for you in your new job! Sometimes prisoners are a lot nicer than coworkers...they pretty much have to be LOL

    ReplyDelete