Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dieting!!!

I was just thinking this afternoon, as I was baking some cookies, just how many years of my life I have been on a diet.


My earliest memory of dieting was probably when I was 8 or 9. I remember being at my grandmothers house, (we didnt get to spend too much time with my only set of grandparents, so this memory has stuck with me) and we were baking sugar cookies. I remember standing in my grandma's kitchen and thinking "I cant have a single bite because I am dieting".... 


And here I am, 45 years later STILL dieting!! When does it end? I have been on every diet known to man. I have lost weight. My highest weight that I remember was in 1995 and I weighed 324 lbs. I am now 100+lbs lighter than that, thanks to Weight Watchers, (numerous times) Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig and now Atkins....


Has it really been worth it? Is it really THAT important to spends ones entire life worrying about every bite that your mouth? I saw a bit of the Oprah interview with Barbara Walters today. She has surrendered.


She is no longer dieting. Eating healthy, trying to exercise but no longer "dieting". 


What are your thoughts about this topic? It is obvious that more and more of Americans are obese. All I had to do was look around when we were on the cruise and probably 75-80% of the people on that ship were obese. Not just chubby, they were fat.


I want to lose 20 more pounds after Christmas and then I am done. wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I have never been sucessful at losing weight or dieting. Every year I add another 10lbs on this poor old tired body of mine. It's my greatest regret...not taking better care of my health. I've paid a huge price for it too and for that reason alone I try to eat healthy and in moderation...I try the best I can and then I try no to beat myself up about it anymore. I just don't know...:j

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what I do, I seem to stay at this weight. I'm consistent LOL. I've been going to Curves for about a year. Same. I know the best way for me to get it off is to walk on that dreaded treadmill. Maybe I'll worry about it tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete