We closed on our house this week on Thursday. What an awesome feeling that was!! For the first time in my life, I actually own a home that didnt once have wheels under it! I never knew that I ever wanted a house, on a lot, with grass and flowers.
I never knew that I would feel so excited to decorate a home, not just a house. I am now beginning to love going to yard sales, and estate sales too! I think it has to do with the fact that I am always looking for things for our home. Who would have thunk it? LOL
And I want to plant! Flowers, vegetables, a garden with herbs. Something that will be growing from MY soil.. thats pretty geeky, huh?
Yep, here I am 53 years old and just purchased my very first home. yay us!
Now, if we can just move our stuff into it, I will be thrilled. The renter is still in there, she has 5 days to get out. And as of this posting, has not made any attempts to move anything. thank goodness I work with the sheriffs department, and have connections to a rapid eviction. LOLOL
I work tomorrow, monday and tuesday and then next Friday we take possession! I will keep you all posted and I will post pics! woo hoo!!!
So happy for you! It's never too late to become a house owner. Now just please find me a log cabin nearby that wants a renter and I'm there. I love going to Goodwill, Salvation Army and St. Vincent de Paul(who has the BEST furniture). Plant and nest to your heart's content. Can't wait to hear description and see pics of your home. What part of Colorado? Love you.
ReplyDeleteOh, I know how you must feel! After all those years in the USAF, I also felt the same way!!
ReplyDeleteLike I said, take your time Ms. OCD and enjoy the "fixin up" okay. How's Bre liking it? She is moving too, right? LOL
Happy Fourth and love you!