Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Springtime in the desert!

We spent last Saturday hiking in the desert with my sister and brother in law. We visited a secret place just across the Utah state line to view some amazing Anasazi petroglyphs (I love finding petroglyphs) and an old ghost town. These petroglyphs are life size. The Anasazi always documented alien like figures, notice the antennae on the top of the head, and doesnt it look like they are all wearing helmets?




Here is another panel of anasazi petroglyphs, different area, same figures.


We also went a few more miles into the desert and saw some dinosaur tracks, right there in the rock. It was amazing, these tracks were made several hundred years ago, one dinosaur was chasing another one.    We made the track stand out by pouring a little bit of water in it.                   


Last but not least, I captured a little flower, there amongst all of the cacti and rocks, I thought it was beautiful. I hope you do too.




No comments:

Post a Comment