Saturday, April 30, 2011

And today, it snowed...

Can you believe it? LOL it SNOWED... on the last day of April, the temps dropped into the 20's and it snowed. So, I wonder what that means for our summer? Probably hot, hot hot!


The poor trees and flowers are trying to bud out. We live in a valley surrounded by mountains on all 4 sides, and there are many fruit and grape orchards here. The crops are abundant in peaches, pears, apricots apples and cherries (and grapes and wineries). I am sure the farmers were out trying to warm up their trees last night.


Tomorrow starts another work week for me. I am really getting vacation fever. I start my vacation on May 11, and on the 14th we are going to Las Vegas for a week. Las Vegas... where the temperatures are in the 90's. ahhhhhhhh......


I will be sure to take my ipad and update you all on our comings and goings on our vacation, I can hardly wait.


Now what to do with the dreaded diet??? I would like to say that menopause is kicking my butt! I am not doing very well on weight watchers at this particular time, but at least I am not gaining a bunch, which I guess, Is a great accomplishment especially when I have to fight menopause every step of the way.


My last count was 110lbs lost since 2005. It has taken a long time and I have had many breaks during that time but at least I am on this side of the battle!!


Have a great week everyone, I hope you are out there!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could take a vacation. I feel wrung out. And I suspect it is only going to get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing weight loss not matter how you look at it...not gaining is all I ask anymore.
    We're still under a frost warning and had a snow advisory all last week, hoping for a sunny Sunday though!

    ReplyDelete