We have had a busy week, everyone working as much as possible and being very thankful for the jobs we do have.
Breanna has been chosen to attend the "Colorado Capital Conference" in Washington DC. She will be one of 10 college students from the state representing Colorado colleges on the Senate Floor in DC. 3 days with our state Senators and hob knobbing with the folks on Capital Hill. She is more than ecstatic. One of the most amazing things about this opportunity is that it might lead to an externship with one of our senators in the future. VERY COOL. It will also look good on her resume for law school.
Dana and I are buying a house in the town where I was raised. We were planning on moving in October, since there were tenants leasing the house at this time. As of yesterday we have been notified that we can move in JULY!! WOO HOO!! This is awesome for us. Our first home that didnt once have wheels under it. LOL
Breanna will be staying at our trailer and even though we will have 2 mortgages for a while, we are happy that this is all transpiring. She will be kicking off a level of independence and I think she will like it. She did have 2 of her best friends that were going to move in with her but they backed out because their mother threw a temper tantrum (these girls are 22 yr old twins) and she wanted them to pay HER rent...
So changes are on the horizon. its exciting and thrilling!
More to come tomorrow.....
How exciting for everyone!!! I am so happy for you :):) And WTG Bre!!!! I didn't realize she was going to go to law school....you are so right, how awesome that will look on her resume! Also I think it's great for young people to see the wrold thru young eyes .....meaning travel and get to experience things that we didn't at their age....while it's true its never too late.......this could inspire her in some way.....maybe run for office and get to be pres one day!!! way cool!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh this is wonderful news! I know you are just about to bust with pride about Bre! What a long way from BMT and I'm so excited for her :)
ReplyDeleteYou sure are going to be a busy bee getting ready for the new home and I look forward to hearing all about it. So happy to hear "good" news for you!!
thanks so much you guys!
ReplyDelete