Friday, April 8, 2011

Is it me..... or.....

Just a few things running through my head.


Is it just me....


1. Or do young moms these days act like they are the only women who have ever had a baby to raise? Seriously, they have online mommy groups and in person mommy groups where they all get together and talk about having babies, raising babies etc.  They have all the gadgets to assist them in taking care of their children, OMG what would they do if they had to HOLD their baby or CARRY their babies like we had to?? Its not a new science girls, even though YOU are the most important women on earth, its been done before...


2. and while I am on that topic, do we REALLY want to see the gargantuan ginormous pregnant bellies of those in hollywood who are pregnant? All over the covers of magazines...And those who arent in Hollywood too, cover those bellies up girls, they arent beautiful!! At least not in my opinion. What you do in the privacy of your home is your business but I dont want to see them.


3.  Is it just me, Or is the blogging world crumbling before our very eyes??  I love reading other peoples blogs, and it seems like the blogs that I used to read are now gone or non existent. I wonder if facebook has really shut down the blogging world.


4.  Is it just me or has the whole world become Vampire and zombie crazy? Since the book "Twilight" came out half of the books on the shelf at the book store are about zombies and vampires.


5.  Is it just me, or has Hollywood celebrities got different rules than the rest of us? Charlie Sheen, Lindsey Lohan etc. When will the judges in California grow some balls and start treating  these people like the felons that they are.


6.  Is it just me, or have some of our younger generation completely abandoned the english language? One phrase that annoys the crap out of me is "my bad". And when they say a word with a hard "t" in it, (like button) and they pronounce it with a gutteral "t". I think its a take off on ebonics...


I have many questions, but this will do for today, have a good weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely, Tonjia! Especially on the blogging one! I know of a half dozen gals I used to read daily, commented often, emailed often, and even talked to on the phone, who no longer post. Of course it's their business, but I miss them! So keep posting, my friend! I'm reading you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Marge!!! thank you so much for commenting! I am there with you sister! I will read yours if you read mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I'm still here but I agree with you, on everything, blogging has changed. Maybe I've just run out of things to say or I've realized that I am completely boring...don't know, but I'll probably keep going.
    And yeah on everything else...how did we ever manage? and without stainless steel appliances and granite countertops too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guilty as charged. I don't know what's wrong with me lately. Lots of changes with David back in the house and him working nights. I can't seem to get my mouth to open or my brain to work LOL

    I agree with everything. It's like having a baby is a sport or hobby. They need to focus more on raising them. And as beautiful as birth is? No belly photos, please.

    I spend a lot of time being angry with the news...not a good way to spend it. And the drivers...no one is paying attention to what they are doing. NO ONE!

    ReplyDelete