Thursday, April 14, 2011

Is it to early to think about retirement???

I am 53 yrs old. I have been working at some kind of a job since I was 14, with the exception of ONE year when Bre was 3, I did not work. 


I think that would be, lets see... 46 years that I have punched a time clock. Surely I am getting close to retirement right? Not.


It is on my mind though, but since I am the highest wage earner in the house (and have been for the last 29 years and 2 marriages), not bringing home a paycheck for me would lead to great financial distress for the family.


The idea of not having to get up and get ready and go to work is really tempting. My sister retired 2 weeks ago. She was a stay at home mom for many years, and has worked in her current job for 10 yrs, and now is enjoying retirement. I did not have the luxury of getting to stay home as a mom. Bad choice of husbands for 21 years. He wanted to make sure I was working because he was at times NOT working. How stupid was I????? Very.


Anyway, I can just catch a hint of the awesomeness of retirement, way out there on the horizon. I cant see it yet, but its there, looming, I can tell. Someday I will be able to see it out there, and I will even be able to reach out and touch it. that will be an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment