Friday, April 29, 2011

Favorites...

I have been thinking about some of my favorite things lately. I love my favorite things. It took me years of not having favorite anythings to really appreciate my very special favorites now... You see, I think most of you know that I was involved in a very abuse marriage for 21 years, and my controlling ex husband (aka "the butthead," I call him much worse but its not appropriate for blogging) anyway he controlled everything in my life. The music I listened to, the shows I watched, the food I ate. It was pretty bad. But, I digress... I have since escaped from that horrible prison, gone back to college, got my degree, been a single mom, met and married a wonderful NON controlling man and here I am.. sharing with you guys my list of favorites: (not in any particular order)


1.  my Ipad2- this little box of electricity makes me happy, I look forward to watching tv shows and videos on it, and reading good books. It must have been created just for me!


2.  my tv shows:
     Nurse Jackie- she makes me laugh and cry all in the same show
     Desperate Housewives- I  so enjoy the escapades of the ladies on Wisteria    Lane.
     Bones- love love love this show. The actors all have so much chemistry. and I love that they solve crimes using science.
     Body of Proof- this is my brand new favorite TV show, Dana Delaney is amazing and like Bones, I love how she solves crimes using science. good, good, good!


3.  My new bike- its a 3 wheel dynamo! LOL so fun to ride, and as soon as spring arrives in western colorado, I will get to ride even more!


4.  My convection oven- who would have know that I would enjoy an oven?? it is the coolest little invention ever. It is going to be great this summer. No using the big oven!


5.  Keen Sandals- amazing. I bought some Keens last summer and will never wear another sandal again.. I smile when I am wearing my keens!


6.  Hiking in the desert- one of my very favorite things to do. When I am in the desert I think about the Ute Indians who have walked before me, its amazing to see the grandeur that God has tucked away there....


7.  My dogs- they love me unconditionally, and 100% every single day. Cant ask for more than that. 


8.  Last but never least, Ben and Jerry ice cream. This is my nirvana. Not on weight watchers, but I do eat it a couple times a month, orgasmic my friends orgasmic. LOL


What are your favorites?

3 comments:

  1. I love your list! I'll have to think about what I would list...have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you on the Keen sandals. No other brand, ever again!

    To answer a couple of questions you left on my blog......the bread slabs are a GFCF recipe. I'm doing GF, and my daughter's family is GFCF and a good bread is a real tough thing to find. Thus the need to bake. The ingredients are expensive, but the bread is excellent, so makes it worth it. These slabs are good sliced in half and toasted, used for sandwiches, or hamburgers. And they don't take long to make once you have bought all the ingredients!

    A Fleet Farm is a discount farm/country/ Minnesota type store....a cheap Gander Mountain kind of place. You can buy farm stuff, hunting or fishing stuff, bird food, canning jars, sandals (not Keen!) and all kinds of stuff you probably don't need!

    The book sale is held in a hockey arena (I'm in Minnesota, you know!) and it is full of wonderful books, the majority of them priced at one dollar. I really restrained myself because I have a Nook and I don't have a lot of storage space!

    I may take your lead and list some favorites....Blessings to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nurse Jackie is the only favorite we have in common. The Keen shoes, I will have to check out!

    I'm thrilled you love your bike!!

    One of my favorite things is a nap. A must. LOL

    ReplyDelete