Sunday, May 22, 2011

Please say a prayer...

I am reeling over the devastating tornado that hit Joplin MO today. I have a huge history in Joplin.


I lived for 9 years in southeast Kansas in a little farm town named "Edna". The population of Edna is about 400 and we were about 40 miles from the "big city," (aka Joplin.) LOL Everything that was fun was in Joplin, Bre had her ear tube surgery and adenoid surgery there when she was 7, we went to numerous church functions there, the bible college for our church was there. We shopped there, went to Christmas functions there, visited ill relatives at St Johns Hospital there. One of my dear dear friends from nursing school lived there, and I spent countless hours at her house studying for our boards, swimming in her pool and eating out at our favorite restaurant. 


Now it is all gone.... an EF5 tornado has destroyed the town. I am shocked and worried about my friends, and Breanna's cousins who still live there. We have located one of her cousins, thank God, but as you can imagine, it is so chaotic there that it is difficult to locate anyone else.


Please, if you pray, say prayers for those survivors of this devastation. They are all good people....

5 comments:

  1. Oh Tonjia, I am so sorry. How horrible. All the storms and tornadoes have been devastating, but to know the place that now no longer exists, to have loved ones there. That has to be so so hard. I will be praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are lifted. Such devastation. Such sadness.
    Hugs to you, my friend.
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already in progress. I watched on the news last night. So tragic. I hope all your friends and family are okay. I've never seen a hospital damaged so much from a tornado! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray your family and friends are okay. Our sweet almost daughter in law in Alaska is from the part of Minneapolis that was also hit last night. Just heard today that her parents and family are okay. I am afraid it's going to be a bad year for tornadoes. Scary.

    Blessings, my friend......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers are being said, and donation has been made, and still, I wonder--will they ever get their lives back? I have an Internet friend whose daughter goes to that Bible college (I guess there's only one there), and thankfully she's okay. It must have been just awful being there--the weather is freaky this year.

    ReplyDelete