Saturday, May 28, 2011

Its a holiday!! Who would have thunk it?

Just feeling a tiny bit sorry for myself, because here I am, missing out on yet ANOTHER holiday weekend because I have to work. I didnt really realize that by becoming a nurse it would require me to give up weekends, holidays and all special family events.  Maybe it would have mattered if I knew, maybe not. I went into nursing because I was good at medical stuff (a biology major and worked in medical offices for 10 years) and because it would enable me to support Breanna and I as a single mom, and it gave me the ability to escape from a horrible marriage.


I should have been a cop, or an attorney, LOL I wanted to be an attorney too, its funny how things change in our lives. 


But here I am, planning to work the holiday, while everyone else that I know is out having fun. You would think after 17 years of working practically every holiday I would get used to it... right?


So, anyway, please take a minute this weekend and think about all of our soldiers who are serving abroad, and of those who have perished in the name of freedom, remember their families and loved ones who are missing them today, and every day. 


Dont party too hard this weekend, boats and alcohol do not mix, ATV's and alcohol do not mix and driving and alcohol does not mix. In my line of work I can see how just about everything does not mix well with alcohol....


Have a hot dog for me on Monday y'all!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just plain agree with everything you said.

    And you were meant to be a wonderful nurse and we are thankful for you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same issues. Working in TV I never get any holidays off unless they happen to fall on my days off.

    ReplyDelete