This has been THE best vacation, ever. The only thing that would have made it better was better weather. But that wasnt about to happen..
When we arrived in Las Vegas last Friday, it was 96 degrees. Yes, seriously, it was. I was so excited to have a great week of weather, especially since we really have not had spring here in Colorado yet.
The next day it turned off cold and cloudy and WINDY and it didnt get much better. We didnt let the weather stop us though, we moved to our Condo on Monday and spent the week doing fun things. We visited Hoover Dam, and took the titanic tour at the Luxor. We went downtown twice, ate at our favorite restaurant twice, spent one day on the strip, took the Haunted Las Vegas ghost tour (the highlight of the week) gambled at the Orleans, the Palms and the Bellagio. I learned to play Keno, and we shopped...
I even brought home 17 little containers of the coveted Skinny Cow ice cream cups, that we cant buy here in western colorado. yep! I packed those suckers in a styrofoam cooler with 7lbs of dry ice and drove them 8 hours home! LOLOL
And they made it..
We also went to this international food market and Breanna went crazy over the japanese dishes, food and snacks.
All in all it was an unbelievable week. We didnt have to deal with the crowds on the strips, the crying kids, the baby strollers running into the backs of our legs, the smoke in the casinos, and the drunk 20 somethings in dresses so short that their butts are showing....
Next year, we will do it all over again!
So glad you had such a wonderful trip!! It does sound exciting. I can't remember when I had a vacation away from here LOL
ReplyDeleteWill have to check out these Skinny Cow cups :)
Wish I could have seen you but I am so glad you had an amazing time. It sounds like a lot of fun, even for someone who lives here!
ReplyDelete