Sunday, November 7, 2010

What would you erase?

My brother in law made a facebook post yesterday that said he thought every time we turn the clock back, we should be able to erase one thing from the last 6 months, it got me to thinking...


What would I erase? Hmm the last 6 months, what have I done over the last 6 months that I would erase if I could. 


Then it hit me, I know what I would erase and here it is. Before I put it down in writing, I just want you to know that I really do try to be a good person, I try to be kind and treat people respectfully. I sometimes let my mouth get the best of me, and usually I can keep my filter on. I have no single stand out act of rage or anger or hatefulness to withdraw..


So, the one thing that really sticks out in my mind is.... joining Jenny Craig. I was a member of Nutrisystem for 4 months, I spent Lord knows how much on boxed food and lost 26lbs. Then I decided that I was bored with eating out of a box and chose to join Jenny Craig. So, off I went, too much money at my disposal, and joined Jenny! For a freaking year!! I had tons of good intentions, I had heard the food was better than Nutrisystem (it was) and I was gung-ho at giving it my best shot.


I failed... I became bored on Jenny twice as quick as I was on Nutrisystem. And I dropped a huge bundle of money that I didnt need to spend. I wish I could erase that mistake. I still have 3 months left on my years membership, but I doubt that I will use it. I have found Atkins and am doing well and very content on it, I hope I have found "my weight loss plan".


So, Jenny, can I have a "do-over"????

4 comments:

  1. I found you! Been wondering what you were up to, and now I saw your name on a comment on another blog I recently started reading! Glad to reconnect!

    Your new career sounds interesting. You've been struggling with the ER on for awhile now, so it sounds like a good move for you.

    Blessings!
    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would erase picking the house we did to rent. Now that we are moved in it just doesn't work and we are stuck here because I am not moving again so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you too Marge! thanks so much for looking... welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to meet you, Nurse!
    Looking forward to many good pounds off together!
    And a new aspect to Nursing, as well!
    What would I erase?
    One one hand, nothing.
    On the other had, everything!

    ReplyDelete