Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The End....

So, today was my last day in the ER. It was pretty uneventful, the doctors had not been told that I was leaving, the ER medical director had not been told I was leaving, thanks to my boss and upper management I am sure.


No biggie, once the docs found out, they were upset, they both wanted to know why I am leaving,  and I told them. We have a dysfunctional Chief nursing officer who will be the eventual downfall of the entire nursing staff, and I will not work for her any more. She promotes sub standard nursing, she encourages dysfunction, rewards mistakes and, in my opinion, she tries to make the nurses unable to think on their own so they will have to have her think for them. Not my cup of tea.


Our ER is now filled with so many new, inexperienced nurses who think they know it all, that it has become a laughing stock of our county. No one applies for the jobs that have been vacated over the last couple of weeks, because they have all heard about the CNO.


So, I am done. I start my new job tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed that it will be good for me. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh exciting!!!! Change is good! And how crummy that no one was informed of your leaving.....I'm sure a little farewell party would have been nice. I think you will be better off....and most likely the inmates will prove to be more mature than the people you have been dealing with in the ER dept.......LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ER will have a huge hole in their staff and it won't take them long to miss you! Sounds like the doctors were already upset that you were leaving. But you have to do the right thing for you, and this sounds like a good move for you.

    Blessings on the new job!

    ReplyDelete