What a revelation, huh? I realized over the last couple of days, that I now feel more like a nurse than I have in over 3 years. Basically, since I started working at the hospital that I recently left.
I have found my nursing personality again, and I didnt even realize that I had lost it.....
I really think that I have made a great choice of jobs to move into. I was so stagnated and burned out in my former job partially because of the BS that we had to put up with and partially because of the management at the hospital where I worked.
Its funny how things happen, I am SO thankful that I have the opportunity to change my nursing focus at this time!
Tomorrow is errand running day and tying loose ends up day. Wednesday we make the trek to Denver (250 mi over 2 mountain passes) so that we can fly to Miami on Thursday. If I dont get to check back in, I want to wish you all a Happy Turkey Day!
More to come from the deck of the Carnival Liberty!!!!
You go girl!! I am so happy for you!! Change can be scary , but often it is just what we need...I'm so glad it's all falling into place for you!
ReplyDeleteI am a firm believer that things end up as they are meant to be...and you deserve to be the best nurse you can be! My daughter just recently changed hospitals...partly because she knew she was going anywhere and partly because of management. She just graduated from Nursing School in 2007 and felt she had learned all she could, from the hospital where she was working! She is now at a hospital where there are so many challenges and so much room for growth. I'm proud of her and I am proud of you. Stepping out of one's 'comfort zone' even when it is no longer comfortable...is not easy. Be proud of yourself and enjoy every moment of your vacay!
ReplyDeleteOh, how blessed you are on this Thanksgiving!
~AM
I am thrilled for you. You will definitely have some challenges, plus the patients are so interesting!! Well, to me they were. You see hardened criminals, even murderers, who are forced to behave and you think of them as a person when you've been around them long enough and wonder how in the world they ended up there??
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to make a stop in Greensboro, NC. I'll meet you at the airport for the next leg of your flight. You and Dana are so sweet to take me LOL ((Hugs)) See you from the deck soon!
glad you are finding you.... have fun and cant wait to hear more.
ReplyDeleteAM, please tell your daughter that she should continue to look for those challenges and find them wherever she can! I was blessed to work the majority of my nursing career in the hospitals in PA, both of which were very proactive towards learning, teaching and education.
ReplyDeleteI credit those hospitals and those wonderful experienced nurses with my success in my career.
Debbie, we should see you Thursday afternoon around 3:00pm ok?
Have I mentioned how much I love your picture in your banner? So beautiful! :)
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you have found what you love about your job again. So few people get that opportunity!