Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 12, 1977

A day that changed my life. A day that dawned bright and early and sunny and beautiful, my wedding day...

I was young, very young.  Just barely turned 20 and ready for a fantasy life with my groom. It was a fun ceremony, until his friends filled my parents  car with horse manure and hay. And until the same friends used WHITE SHOE POLISH all over my brand new orange car and ruined the paint job...

And until we had a huge fight while driving to Denver for our honeymoon. Of course, he was upset over things I didn't understand and, of course, it was all my fault.

If I were older and more mature, I would have realized my mistake right then. I had faith in marriage and "to have and to hold forever and ever amen".. I was a fool.

After 21 years of fights and screaming and verbal abuse and finally, physical abuse, I finally escaped the hell that was my first marriage. I had been beaten down to the point of no self confidence, I hated myself, I gained 125lbs, and I had not been happy in many many years.

So, I took Breanna and I ran. And we hid, and on January 18, 1998 I filed for divorce.

THAT was one of the best days of my life!!!

My message to him.. I loathe you, I still cannot say your name, for what you have put me and Breanna through I am sure you will eventually pay. I believe in Karma. Your day will come....

1 comment:

  1. well this story sure went south fast...I thought I was going to read about some wonderful fantasy marriage! But, I've been married long enough to know that there is no fantasy marriage or partner. We just do the best we can. I am so happy you had the strength and courage to leave and save yourself and your daughter. You are such an strong woman and an amazing example to her. have a good day friend.

    ReplyDelete