As is customary in my life, I worked the holiday. I had the privilege of driving to work and being the only car on the road, a sad reminder that the rest of the world was still at home, sleeping in, smelling turkey roasting, anticipating good food and football and maybe even napping...
The day was uneventful. Even the inmates had turkey dinner. It smelled really good.
Tomorrow Dana, Bre and I are going to have "thanksgiving" dinner. But it won't be the same.
Someone remind me again why I became a nurse where there are no weekends, no holidays and no appreciation for what we do???
David felt exactly the same way. As he was eating the turkey the day before that the hospital had given them, he got a call to ER. Some woman was going to kill herself over Percocet.
ReplyDeleteI was here, eating a "to go" dinner and then napping.
I'm reminding you that two NURSES just about saved my life when I had pneumonia!!
I will never forget it...so nurses are LOVED!!
Especially YOU!!