Thursday, September 15, 2011

I don't feel 54..

So today is my birthday. Everyone is asking if I feel another year older. I don't really know how to answer that. I don't feel any different than yesterday, and since I don't remember how I felt a year ago today, I don't remember if I feel older than last year at this time...

Does any of this make sense? I feel no different now than I felt at 44... Should I feel different?

I am a little more stiff in the mornings, I have aches and pains now and then,  and I seriously hate hip hop music. I think I have turned into an old person!

But I still love balloons, and ice cream and puppies and watching a parade.. that surely must count for something. I may be growing older, but I refuse to grow up!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Tonjia! I agree with you, I refuse to grow up even if I am getting older. I don't feel old, so I pretend I'm not!

    Have a wonderful day. I hope you don't have to work so you can enjoy the day.

    Blessings, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! My brain doesn't feel anywhere near as old as my body! We don't have to grow up if we don't want to, darn it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't look 54 either! Have a wonderful birthday and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete