Saturday, July 9, 2011

Boxes! Boxes! and more Boxes!

We are still moving, or should I say I am still moving. When we embarked on this adventure I really did think Dana would be around to help more than he has. In her infinite wisdom, his boss has decided to schedule him for 4- 24 hour shifts per week and every single weekend through the entire month of July.

Apparently the other paramedic has asked off for all summer holidays and weekends throughout the summer. (who knew that was allowed) And my husband, who does not want to rock the boat, wont say anything. SO.. this means I pack the boxes, I move the boxes, I unpack the boxes and although he is around for the heavy stuff, and he is working his heart out laying floor tiles on his days off, it feels like I am doing the majority of the work.

I think menopause has something to do with my crankiness, that and 10 days straight of over 98 degree temperatures..

AND.. the fact that MY boss scheduled me to work a night shift tonight! When I put in for my vacation, there were 2 other nurses on vacation, so I agreed to work tonight. At that time I didnt know that she would expect me to work tonight IN ADDITION to my regular scheduled 40 hours this week. Maybe that is bugging me a little too. I am trying to move an entire house and I am scheduled for 52 hours this week. SHIT!

I wish I could retire....

I promise that I will have a happier disposition after we get to sleep in our new house, at least then there will be some light at the end of the tunnel.

2 comments:

  1. so you're sayin' you've got boxes eh? Hope you get things settled in soon and get some rest. Take care you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I didn't know you weren't sleeping there yet :(

    All this work at a time when you have so much other work to do SUCKS.

    I'd say your disposition is totally appropriate!!

    Hang tough girl :) ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete