We left October 12 and went back east to see friends and some of Dana's family. Had a smooth flight, landed in DC in the pouring rain and rented our car and drove to Ocean City MD. We had reserved 3 nights in what we thought was a hotel on the boardwalk where we stayed a few years ago.
We were WRONG!
This was the most disgusting, old, teeny tiny poorest excuse for a hotel that I have ever seen. It was a Days Inn hotel and right on the boardwalk but otherwise not acceptable. The room appeared clean, but the paint was old and the baseboards dirty and the entire dimension of the room was probably 12 x 8, and there were two double beds, a chair, a table and a TV in there!! VERY cramped.
I immediately sat down and started calling for us a different room. Since it was so late, we just stayed there but not until I checked the bedbug registry.com on my handy iPhone. This hotel was, of course listed on the bed bug registry back in 2009, but none since. I felt bugs crawling on me all night anyway. LOL
I wouldn't touch the bedspread, and thank goodness I had brought along a little blanket or I would not have had any covers at all. I did do some spot checks for bugs during the night but didn't find any.
Now, on the brighter side... I reserved a room at a gorgeous resort with 2 queen size beds, beachside room with balcony, and private beach. We drove very quickly there the next morning and checked in. It was absolutely perfect. We sat on the beach, we read on the balcony, we hot tubbed, we swam, we read some more, we took a nap, like I said it was gorgeous and very relaxing. We did not realize how tired we were until we got to decompress. Thank you Carousel Resort!
On the 15th we drove to PA to visit Dana's family. Did lots of good visiting and saw lots of great friends. I think we both needed this trip.
Now we are home again, back to work tomorrow and life goes on...
I too have had a very bad experience in an OC hotel. Ugh.... took numerous showers to feel clean again. The bedspread had a film on it (Yep, ripping off the bedspread is always task #1).
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you and Dana were able to relax and enjoy the rest of the vacay!
~AM